What is grid system – Grid System Resources
What is Grid system ? I always been a big fan of the grid system, most of my WordPress themes are design and based on some kind of grid system. Grid system is also a major part of my design and development process. Its easy on the eye and has a modern and minimal style.
Below you will find some resources to help you get started with designing using grid system.
1. Golden Grid System (GGS) splits the screen into 18 even columns. The leftmost and rightmost columns are used as the outer margins of the grid, which leaves 16 columns for use in design. (visit website)
2. The Grid System is an ever-growing resource where graphic designers can learn about grid systems, the golden ratio and baseline grids. (visit website)
3. “The grid system generator will create custom grid systems in valid css / xhtml for rapid prototyping, development and production environments.” (visit website)
4. The 1140 grid fits perfectly into a 1280 monitor. On smaller monitors it becomes fluid and adapts to the width of the browser. (visit website)
5. A simple CSS framework for designers and developers, based on 35 equal-width columns. It aims to cut down on development time and help you create beautiful-structured websites. (visit website)
6. The Fluid Baseline Grid System is an HTML5 & CSS3 development kit that provides a solid foundation to quickly design websites with ease. (visit website)