These years, creating and managing WordPress websites is simpler, thanks to WYSIWYG builders. Today, we’re going to talk about Elementor site builder, which is now one of the most popular visual builders for WordPress with over 4 million(!) active installs. More than 700 hundred people rated the builder, giving it an impressive 4,8 average grade. In this Elementor page builder review, I’ll cover a number of Elementor-related topics and questions. I hope that you find this review useful!
What Is Elementor Site Builder?
Elementor is a visual builder, which lets you create and edit WordPress websites with drag-n-drop. With Elementor site builder at your fingertips, you don’t have to learn code to add advanced styling, versatile layouts, and professional design elements to your website.
You can use Elementor free of charge. Or you can go for the Pro version of WordPress page builder Elementor. Then, you can design your WordPress templates without writing a single line of code!
Why Is This Builder So Popular?
Let’s take a closer look at the definition two paragraphs above:
“Elementor is a visual builder, which lets you create and edit WordPress websites with drag-n-drop.”
Now, let’s see what this means:
- Visual Builder – this type of builder allows you to see your content the way your visitors see it, while you design and edit it. It’s the so-called “Live” mode or “Frontend editing” mode when you see the site pages and blocks that you edit right in front of your eyes. You don’t have to press “Save” and “Preview” each time you implement a certain change to see the result, which makes your life way simpler!
- Drag-n-drop – use your mouse to move any elements – like paragraphs, images, buttons, or forms – around and build the website you’ve always been dreaming about! With a comprehensive panel of first-hand tools, you can easily control the appearance and position of different website blocks.
So, Elementor site builder lets you edit your website with a mouse within the comprehensive builder’s interface. You no more have to master writing code to get the content of your website display the way you want! With Elementor, even a newbie can create clean and eye-friendly website pages for a range of purposes.
Elementor WYSIWYG Editor Advantages
WordPress page builder Elementor has a comprehensive visual interface that allows you to easily add, edit, remove, and resize website design elements, media, and site content. This builder offers you a wide range of modern features that allows you to build a truly breathtaking modern website, for example:
- faster editing experience;
- a comprehensive toolkit to control content position and appearance;
- well-thought borders, paddings & margins control;
- library of presets that you can extend;
- import & export templates to use them for another website;
- free package of advanced widgets;
- 400+ unique icons;
- full color and background control;
- WooCommerce builder;
- 300+ pre-built templates;
- support and updates for 1 year;
- extendable and developer-friendly, etc.
Where Can I Download Elementor?
The basic version of Elementor is free and open-source. You can download it from the official Elementor website. Or you can find it on wordpress.org and download it from there free of charge. The package you download includes localization files, allowing you to run Elementor in your native or chosen language.
Which Version is For You: Free or Premium?
The next question that I cover in this Elementor Page Builder Review is the difference between Elementor Free and Pro.
Elementor Free is open-source and offers you endless design possibilities. However, Elementor Pro offers you even more professional tools than Elementor Free. Pro tools and features allow speeding up your workflow and maximizing the conversions and sales you get.
A big advantage is that you don’t have to start with Elementor Pro right away. Go for Elementor Free to decide whether you like the builder’s interface and editing flow. If you’re satisfied with the workflow and want to get the most of working with Elementor, upgrade to Pro. This will offer you many advantages.
Once you decide to update to Pro, you can continue just where you left off in Elementor Free. Elementor Pro is a plugin that you install to complement the basic free Elementor plugin with advanced functionality. Let’s see how you can boost visual site editing with Elementor Pro:
- advanced header & footer builder;
- full set of social media widgets;
- 50 premium widgets;
- additional widgets for marketing and conversion;
- professional visual Form Builder;
- integration with popular marketing platforms;
- advanced post-filtering;
- endless grid layouts and card skins;
- 18 WooCommerce widgets;
- design-oriented Pop-up Builder;
- cool Parallax and CSS3 animation;
- custom field integration.
Elementor Pro offers you next handy widgets:
With Elementor Pro you get a set of exciting features that make your WordPress page builder Elementor builder really powerful. You may want these features just for one project to get the website of your company looks more professional. And of course, Elementor Pro makes a whole lot of sense if you earn your bread-and-butter designing WordPress and WooCommerce websites. Go for Elementor Pro Expert Plan, and you’ll get a chance to create up to 1,000 websites with the help of Elementor Pro. If you looking for Elementor alternative we have a comprising Divi vs Elementor and see which one is better for you in 2020.
See all 3 Elementor Pro pricing plans available below:
How To Install This Builder?
To start editing your website with Elementor, you first download the Elementor plugin at Elementor.org (hit the “Get Started” button) or wordpress.org (hit “Download” on the right). Then, install the plugin the following way:
- Within the WordPress dashboard of your website, navigate to Plugins -> Add New section.
- Click on “Upload plugins” and choose the plugin package on your PC using the “Browse” window.
- After you install the plugins, click “Activate” next to it.
You can also install Elementor directly from your WordPress dashboard. This way, it’s even faster!. Let’s see how you get WordPress page builder Elementor to your dashboard directly:
- Open up your WordPress admin panel and go to Plugins -> Add new.
- In the Search field on the top right, enter “Elementor” and check out the results.
- You’ll see Elementor Page Builder on top. Click the “Install” button next to it.
- Once you’re done, don’t forget to “Activate” the plugin.
Now you know how to download and install Elementor Free. As you can see, it takes just a couple of clicks! Also, check out other Elementor Site Builder tricks and essentials to faster build a gorgeous website with Elementor.
Where Can I Buy Elementor Templates?
If you want to build a professional website fast, go for a template. With it, you get a chance to choose an 80% ready design of your websites, which you can next make your own with a bit of drag-n-drop magic. I prepared for you a list of top 5 marketplaces and online template stores, selling high-quality Elementor themes, templates, and widgets.
TemplateMonster is one of the largest web design marketplaces, selling website templates for more than 15 years. Their in-house design team was one of the first on the market to offer users high-quality 100% Elementor themes and templates. Check out their marketplace to find the best Elementor-ready WordPress themes, presets (templates), and professional plugins.
Dessign.net is a creative template marketplace with a global reach of many talented designers. They offer you clean and modern Elementor themes for WordPress for a small price tag. Check out their collection of Elementor templates to find a newbie-friendly and feature-rich template for your blog, corporate, or another website.
The team behind Elementor enhances its visual builder with official templates and UI kits. In their Template Library, you’ll find kits with pre-built Elementor blocks for various niches. What’s more, you’ll find a rich collection of templates both for Elementor Free and Pro. Use these templates to make the UI of your website pages professional and better optimize your website for conversion.
EasyThemePacks web design shop offers you clean, modern, and comprehensive WordPress themes for Elementor Builder. Currently, they offer you 30 templates ($49 each). EasyThemePacks team offers you WordPress themes for various niches and needs, including marketing, traveling, cooking, fitness, lifestyle, technology, photography, etc. So, check out EasyThemePacks website if you need an inexpensive custom-looking Elementor WordPress theme for your next project!
CSSIgniter website is a place where you can find high-quality WordPress themes that you can edit with drag-n-drop. CSSIgniter team designs and sells beautiful Elementor templates and starter kits. These days, CSSIgniter offers over 50+ high-quality landing page templates for Elementor Builder. You can get access to all 50+ one-page templates, plugins, and assets by the CSSIgniter team for $34/month or more depending on your needs.
If you’re looking for more landing page themes, I’ve covered where you can find them in my Elementor landing page templates review.
Where Can I Download Elementor Templates Free?
This section of Elementor page builder review will be useful if you’re on a budget or want to give Elementor a try with a free template. In general, I recommend a premium template over a free one as you get sound quality, advanced functionality, and customer support. However, if you want to save some bucks, you can still find many good-looking free Elementor templates on the web. Below, I share with you the top 5 places where you can look for free Elementor templates.
If you’re looking for good free WordPress themes for Elementor, the first place to drop by should be Elementor official website. They offer you a collection of quality, multi-purpose, and good-looking free templates. Using Elementor Free, you can customize the design of the template to 100% meet the needs of your business without spending a dime on this.
Being a pioneer of creating templates for Elementor, TemplateMonster marketplace offers you a lavish collection of 52 free WordPress themes, 40 of which are 100% compatible with Elementor. To learn more, check out the review of 30 free Elementor templates by TemplateMonster.
Katka is a 100% free set of Elementor templates, block presets, and pop-up designs. Currently, Katka free pack includes:
- 103 beautiful WordPress and WooCommerce WYSIWYG-ready templates, which you can use to create any type of a website from a blog to an e-store;
- 114 cool WordPress popup presets. Use them to inform users about your sales, freebies, and best offers and capture leads like a pro!
- 240+ section and block presets to use inside your Elementor builder for unlimited personal websites. Enjoy!
If you’re looking for more e-store builder-ready templates, I’ve covered where you can find them in my “Elementor Themes for Easy E-store-Creation” review.
On top of an awesome batch of premium templates, Dessign.net also offers you 55+ free Elementor templates to build a range of websites. You can download and use any of their templates for personal websites. Enjoy building a modern website with WYSIWYG free of charge!
Sizzify Lite is a bundle of free Elementor templates and widgets, which is available as a WordPress plugin. This bundle includes 13 different editor-ready page templates to quickly build a website. Sizzify Lite also offers you 11 cool widgets to make the content on your website more diverse.
Top 10 Useful Elementor Tutorials & Resources
So, are you up to start building your website with Elementor builder? Here are my top 10 tutorials, YouTube channels, and resources to help you get started!
- 5 SUPER Easy Elementor Tips and Tricks in 100 Seconds Video Tutorial
- Official Elementor “Getting Started” guide;
- Step-by-step Elementor guide for beginners by WP Builder Master;
- 20+ Elementor tutorials & video guides from WPCrafter;
- “How To Use Elementor” guide for beginners on Hubspot blog;
- 50+ Elementor WordPress tutorials from WPBuilt;
- 600+ Elementor video tutorials on Elementor Websites Builder for WordPress YouTube channel;
- “Elementor: A Complete Guide” by Do Your Even Blog;
- Elementor Video Guides by Ferdy Korpershoek on YouTube;
- Elementor Resources by & for the community on Trello;
Elementor is a convenient and newbie-friendly visual builder, which lets you create WordPress websites with ease. This builder has strong and convenient functionality and can be installed in a couple of steps. I hope that you enjoyed this Elementor page builder review and can now easily get started building your website with WYSIWYG-ready templates and resources.