If you looking for the best free donation & charity WordPress plugins we put a list of the best ones to help you collect donations for your non profit organization in 2020. Also if you looking for the best free charity WordPress themes which are compatible with the plugins you might find nice collection of the best ones available for free.
Best and Free Donation and Fundraising
WordPress Plugins for 2020
Give’s goal is to “Democratize Generosity”. Give is the most robust WordPress plugin available for accepting donations. Upon activation, Give provides you with powerful features towards helping your raise more funds for your cause. Transform the way you accept online donations. With GiveWP you can accept charitable gifts through customizable donation forms, view donation statistics and reports, manage donors, and integrate with a wide variety of third-party gateways and services.
GiveWP is free and yet is full of many advanced features to suit your needs. Slick donation forms, full-featured reporting, and donor management features provide you with the tools you need to accept donations and manage your donors.
- Build custom donation forms in your WordPress admin
- GiveWP inherits your themes styles so it integrates seamlessly out of the box
- Add goals, multiple giving amounts, custom amounts, terms and conditions and more with just a couple clicks
- Get a complete overview of your donation activity
- Control your data with exports and reports
- Filter reports by date, form, and payment method.
- Measure performance across multiple campaigns.
- View a complete history of your donor activity
- Generate tax-deductible receipts
- Integrate with third-party services via our GiveWP API
WHY USE GIVEWP FOR DONATIONS?
If your nonprofit or cause depends on donations, you want to treat your donors right. Don’t send them through a shopping cart or kick them off-site to a third-party platform. GiveWP streamlines the giving process by allowing your donors to complete their donations directly on your website using an easy to complete donation form. As an admin, you have the customization options and reporting and donor management features you need in order to run successful giving campaigns.
You may have struggled with other WordPress donation plugins in the past; dealing with the lack of features, documentation, and support can be a real pain. There’s a better way. Now you have GiveWP and our entire team on your side.
ACCEPT CREDIT CARD DONATIONS
GiveWP comes with several payment gateway options:
- Stripe — Our Stripe integration allows you to accept credit card donations on your website. There is a small 2% fee associated with these donations. Want no additional fees? Upgrade to our Stripe Premium add-on.
- PayPal Standard — Allow worldwide donations with PayPal Standard. No additional fees applied.
- Offline Donations — Enable your donors to send checks or physical donations with an offline gateway with instructions.
- Test Gateway — use the Test Gateway to see exactly how your donors will walk through the donation process.
POWERFUL FREE WORDPRESS DONATION PLUGIN
We believe that collecting online donations should be easy and affordable. That’s why Charitable is the only powerful WordPress donation plugin that never charges transaction fees.
With Charitable, you can create fundraising campaigns in minutes, whether you need a donation form for your regular ongoing donations, you’re raising money for a time-sensitive need, or you are collecting donations for a specific fundraising goal.
Charitable is the top-rated WordPress donation plugin available, with 5-star reviews from 100+ happy users.
UNLIMITED FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGNS
Set up as many campaigns as you would like with Charitable and tailor them to your needs:
- Create as many fundraising campaigns as you need.
- Set goals for your campaigns.
- Create time-sensitive campaigns that end automatically when they’re finished.
- Inherits your theme’s styles for seamless integration.
CUSTOMIZABLE DONATION FORMS
You can completely customize your online fundraising experience.
- Provide suggested amounts, allow people to donate as much as they want, or do both.
- Load donation forms in a modal, on a separate page, or on the same page as the campaign.
- Shorten your donation forms by just showing required fields.
- Embed a donation form on any page.
PAYPAL DONATIONS MADE SIMPLE
Start accepting donations through PayPal without hiring a developer.
- Add your PayPal address and you’re done.
- Donors use the secure, familiar PayPal interface to finalize their donation.
- Automatically track a donation’s status after the donor completes their donation.
A powerful and secure donation management plugin, from initial setup to end-year reporting. Donorbox offers a fast feature-filled solution so anyone can raise funds.
WHY USE DONORBOX Donation Plugin
The Donorbox plugin for WordPress will provide you everything you need to embed a Donorbox donation form into your website. We will generate all the embedding code for you. Here’s why you should be using Donorbox.
FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE DONATION FORMS
- Donorbox forms can be ready to deploy in 15 minutes and are even faster to fill in.
- Brand your donation page with your own color scheme, styling and logo.
- Create custom input fields to make your forms quick to complete. You can collect only necessary info from donors, whether for legal compliance, campaign updates or volunteer contacts.
- Insert set amounts for donors to select by clicking or allow them to specify their own amount.
- Donorbox accepts multiple currencies via Stripe, PayPal, Apple Pay and Google Pay. ACH payments are also accepted. It’s a quick and easy checkout process.
- Double your donations with our seamless employer donation matching feature.
- Our forms are localized in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Portuguese. You can set this manually or let it auto-detect.
SHARE THE CAUSE
- Embed our donation forms into your website. Or set a Donate button in your web pages and emails to deploy them as pop ups. Our donation plugin generates All necessary code. You only have to copy and paste.
- Donorbox forms are optimized for desktops, mobile phones, and tablets.
- Monthly repeat donations are easily set up with 1 click.
- Every donation triggers an automatic personalised receipt email that you only need to set up once.
- Our payment gateway, Stripe, will transfer your donations to your account on your selected schedule. No need to transfer Stripe funds to your account manually.
- Recurring donors get Donor login details to manage their own details.
The all in one donation plugin, create different kind of donations, set goals, monitor your results, create donation forms, set thank you emails. Currently it supports paypal, stripe and five different styles of donations:
- Classic Donation.- The classic paypal When The user clicks the button he will be directed to the paypal page and he will define how much he want to donate there.
- TextBox Donation.- A paypal button with a text box so the donors can pick right away how much they want to donate.
- Three Buttons Donation.- Three donation buttons (they dont have to be paypal buttons, you can customize them) each one with a different amounts (that you define) so the donators can donate with one click. (Paypal)
- Slider Donation.- This has an slider that the user can scroll to donate more or less money (you define the minimun and maximun amount), it also has a happy face that gets happier or not that happy depending on the donation amount. (Paypal)
- Forms.- (Pro feature) You need to ask something to the donors? then Forms donations is the way to go, you can create a custom form the way you want it (you can add text boxes, drop downs, checkboxes etc). Once you get a donation you will get an email with all that information. (Paypal only)
Need more than just a PayPal donation button? Would you like to allow your visitors to donate in honor of someone? Invite them to subscribe to your mailing list? Choose from designated funds? Do donations that automatically repeat each month? Allow them to mark their donation anonymous? Track donors and donations?
Easy Donation adds a simple widget for requesting donations in your sidebars, and gives you the power of simple short codes to request donations in your content. InspirePay pages are free to setup at http://inspirepay.com, and are PCI DSS Level 1 compliant (ie. secure and audited by a third party) so your website doesn’t need to be. Brand them to match your style.
Easily accept payments of a specific amount or allow your users to choose. Because of it’s powerful .pay™ brand core framework, InspirePay’s integrated payment methods include Paypal, Dwolla, Stripe, and most credit card companies.
InspirePay currently works with USD only.
- Sidebar widget which connects to your InspirePay page.
- Short codes to add donation form functionality to your content.
- Editable widget title, pre-form text, submit button text, and post button text.
- Easily set a default payment amount, or allow your customers to choose.
- That’s it today. It’s basic but gets the job done.
- It’s Secure and Free.
- Allows you to express your design into the payment pages.
- Accept payments via Paypal, Dwolla, Stripe, and most credit cards.
- InspirePay pages are PCI Level 1 (Geek for secure as hell).
Adds a PayPal donation shortcode and sidebar Widget to WordPress. The options menu lets you setup you PayPal ID and a few other optional settings. You can choose which donation button you want to use or if you want to use your own button. You can also set an optional default purpose and reference which can be overridden on each inserted instance with the shortcode options or in the Widget settings. There is also options available for currency, localization of the button, custom payment page style and the return page.
In the Appearance -> Widgets you’ll find the PayPal Donations widget. After adding it to your sidebar you can enter a title for the Widget, some descriptive text that will appear above the button and specify an optional purpose and reference for the donation button to override the default settings.
You can place a PayPal Donation button anywhere on your site where you want to collect money. Your customers can use their PayPal account or Credit Card to donate money to you.
What makes this PayPal donation plugin powerful is its simplicity. Just install the plugin and in just a few minutes customers from around the world can start donating to you via PayPal.
On the settings page of the plugin you will find clear instructions on how to sign up for a PayPal account if you don’t have one already. The plugin also provides instructions for how to setup a PayPal Sandbox account – which will allow you to setup a fake PayPal buyer and seller account (with fake money) so you can test everything before you start selling to the public.
If you have any problems, questions, or issues about this PayPal plugin then please create a support request and we will get back to you quickly.
This PayPal plugin works with any WordPress theme.
WP Plugin is an offical PayPal Partner based in Boulder, Colorado. You can visit WP Plugins website at wpplugin.org. Various trademarks held by their respective owners.
PAYPAL DONATION FEATURES
- View donations made in your WordPress admin
- Button Manager
- Page / Post Button shortcode Inserter
- Donation Widget
- Built in support for 18 languages (PayPal currently supports 18 languages)
- Built in support 25 currencies (PayPal currently supports 25 currencies)
- Each button can have its own language and currency
- Each button can have its own button image
- Each button can have itw own PayPal account
- PayPal testing with Sandbox mode
- Customer can choose to make a recurring monthly PayPal donation
- Choose from 7 different PayPal donation buttons
- Upload and use your own donation button
- Choose how the PayPal window opens
- Setup a dropdown menu to force certain amounts
Donation Thermometer’ uses a simple shortcode to display classic-style tracking thermometers that can blend seamlessly with your website content on any post, page or sidebar.
Individual thermometers are fully customisable, including options to change the fill/text colours, currency, size, and to set multiple raised/target values. Colour schemes and default values are controlled from the settings page, and with custom CSS rules the thermometer can match any theme style. The thermometers are rendered inline as vector-based images (SVG), producing a visually sharp graphic regardless of its size. Since the plugin does not load any remote image files your page-load times will remain fast and save bandwith for users.
Simply use the shortcode [thermometer raised=?? target=??]. Optional shortcode parameters can control thermometer width, height, tick alignment, currency, alt text, the thousands separator, currency symbol position, fill colors, or to include a legend.
The ‘raised’ and ‘target’ values are linked to independent shortcodes ([therm_r], [therm_t] and [therm_%]); useful for keeping multiple instances up-to-date around your site, for example if you want to keep a running total caption in your site footer/sidebar.
Now accept top 20+ major crypto currencies donation inside your WordPress website by using this free cryptocurrency donation box – crypto widget for WordPress. Simply add your coin wallet address and use this shortcode inside any page/post/Sidebar – [crypto-donation-box].
- Integrates Hassle free Tip with MetaMask button.
- Convert your coin payment address into QR code. (Using secure PHP QR code library)
- Supports top 20+ crypto coins – Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Cardano & much more…
- Beautiful crypto donation box design.
- [crypto-donation-box] – Add shortcode anywhere page/post/Sidebar.
- Responsive / Mobile friendly crypto plugin.
- Accept more donation with the help of trusted sourceMetaMask