We put together a collection of the best free gallery plugins for WordPress users. If you building a new website or already have one, and looking for a great way to showcase your amazing photography or portfolio we recommend using one of the free gallery plugins. Simple to use, customize and all fully responsive. This is the perfect collection of the best and free gallery plugins to try in 2020.
With over 80,000 active downloads, Modula has been categorized as the easiest way to create a stunning image gallery. Thanks to its features, Modula helps a lot of photographers, designers, and people with a vision in photography to build the most creative image galleries. This gallery plugin provides its users with many image hover effects and a feature that will allow you to easily sort galleries with filters. Moreover, you can mix photos with videos or create two different types of galleries (video gallery and image gallery). What’s more, Modula allows your website’s visitors to share your pictures on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and many other social media platforms. You can also drag and resize your images, upload your photos quickly, and so on. However, the most important thing is that Modula has some new features that you will love. Recently, the Modula team updated this plugin and added 3 new extensions: EXIF, zoom, and download add-ons. Amazing, am I right? And these are just some of Modula’s features.
- What can Modula offer you?
- drag and resize your images;
- build your custom layouts;
- load fast galleries;
- sort galleries with filters;
- add videos from Youtube and Vimeo to your galleries;
- mix photos and video;
- zoom in and zoom out;
- add EXIF data;
- download your galleries;
- add social media sharing icons and integrate them with Pinterest, Instagram, and more.
Do you want to find out more? Check their website!
(Most Recommended Editors Pick) Ultimate Grid Photo Gallery with visual editor to build photo gallery skins. Responsive mobile ready gallery to show images, posts and videos
- Fully customization gallery styles: shadow, border, caption and icons
WordPress Gallery by Supsystic plugin gives you the versatility to create any type of gallery. Choose the shadow preset and set the color and thickness as you like. Highlight images. Use different types of borders, add a photo description and an icon to each gallery image.
- SEO Friendly
Set title and description of the gallery media to make your gallery SEO friendly.
- Full Width Gallery
- Polaroid Gallery
- Video Gallery
- Fixed Gallery
- Post Feed Gallery
- Carousel Gallery
- Masonry Gallery
- Mosaic Gallery
- Gallery with Captions and Icons
- Gallery with Pagination & Load More
- Gallery with EXIF Data
- Gallery with Watermarks
- Gallery with Social Sharing
- Gallery with Personal Captions Effects
- Gallery with Custom Attributes, Filtering and Searching
NextGEN Gallery has been the industry’s standard WordPress gallery plugin since 2007 and continues to receive over 1.5 million new downloads per year. It’s easy for simple photo galleries, but powerful enough for the most demanding photographers, visual artists, and imaging professionals.
On the back end, NextGEN offers a complete WordPress gallery management system with the ability to batch upload photos, import meta data, add/delete/rearrange/sort photos, edit thumbnails, group galleries into albums, and more.
On the front end, the free version of NextGEN provides three main gallery styles (slideshow, thumbnail, and imagebrowser galleries) and two album styles (compact and extended), all of which come with a wide array of options for controlling size, style, timing, transitions, controls, lightbox effects, and more.
Gallery Custom Links allows you to link images from galleries to a specified URL. Tested with WordPress Gallery, Gutenberg, the Meow Gallery and others.
Two fields are added to your images, in your Media Library: Link URL and Link Target. If, at least, the Link URL is set up, this image will link to that URL every time it is used within a gallery. Lightbox will be automatically disabled for those images.
Top-Ranked gallery with more than 1 million installs is rated as one of the best WordPress gallery. This unique plugin from Huge-IT comes with beautiful 8 views, unlimited image support; supports titles, descriptions, ratings, packed with buttons and way more options.
Manage files, show image galleries and photo slideshows, play music on your site with Gmedia Gallery plugin. Gmedia Gallery plugin provides a comprehensive interface for handling galleries, images, video & audio files.
With Gmedia Gallery plugin you can upload an unlimited number of photo and audio files, create dozens of galleries and playlists, group pictures and other files in albums, add tags for each file.
Handle any file format and link any files with images in few clicks. You can import images with captions from Worpress Media Library, Flagallery plugin and from NextGen Gallery plugin right to Gmedia Library.
Gmedia Gallery is the result of hundreds of hours of working to bring you the ultimate photo managing tool. With a lot of features, flexible options and a wide range of customizations, editing and publishing galleries, Gmedia Gallery is a smart addition to any blogger’s arsenal. Whether you’re photographer or a blogger, you’ll like the Gmedia Gallery plugin.
Responsive Image and video Gallery plugin is very important tool for any website. The most of users have Galleries on their website. Our plugin allow you to display your Galleries with awesome views and animation effects, so you need to try our plugin.
We have a lot of different standard and Canvas animation that you will like. You can create your own design and make your style. We are sure that you will like our plugin.
FEATURES OF FREE VERSION
- Fully Responsive
- Handy and easy to use admin panel
- Tested on all modern browsers
- Works perfectly with all versions of WordPress
- Ability to create unlimited number of Galleries, Albums and images
- Ability to change pictures names and descriptions
- Ability to change Popup overlay background color, opacity
- Border width
- Border color
- Border opacity and radius
- Control bar icons sizes
- Control bar height
- Description panel settings
- Description panel text and background colors
- Description panel opacity
- Description panel hover options
- Previous and Next icons, icons color, icons size and icons position
- Slide pause time
Photo Gallery is an advanced plugin with a list of tools and options for adding and editing images for different views. It is fully responsive. The product includes plugin for adding image galleries and albums to posts and pages, as well as multiple widgets. You can add images, providing detailed descriptions and tags, organize the galleries into different albums.
If you’re looking for a user friendly and feature rich plugin to add responsive galleries and albums to your website, Photo Gallery plugin can be the best option for you. It’s simple in use yet packed with powerful functionality, allowing you to create anything from simple photo galleries to selling digital content right from your website (Premium version). Photo Gallery comes packed with stunning layout options, gallery and album views, multiple widgets and a number of extensions that take its functionality even further. WordPress Photo Gallery is a great choice for photography websites and blogs, as well as sites that want to have robust image galleries with easy navigation.
Check the extensive feature list of the plugin bellow, have a look at the plugin demo and give it a try.
- Increased visitor engagement – Images and photos grab attention and make websites more engaging. Using images in your posts and pages will result in increased visitor engagement and can give a boost on your posts’ pageviews.
- Enhanced SEO – Adding relevant tags and metadata to the images can enhance your SEO and provide more visibility in relevant search results in Google.
- Better page navigation – Organized galleries and albums will make your website look more professional, easy to navigate and result in a better user experience.
- Modern web design – Relevant high-resolution photos displayed in beautiful layouts are an integral part of a well-designed website that gets results.
- Full Control – Plugin gives you flexibility in terms of the design and customization of your galleries. You’ll get full control over the style, optimization and display of visual content on your website.
- Support – Get timely and effective support to all its users. We keep standards high and response time low.
Foo Gallery allows for better image and video gallery management within WordPress. Built to be simple for users and highly flexible for developers.
Gutenberg Gallery Compatible
We love the new Gutenberg editor. We have built a really simple-to-use Gutenberg block to add your existing FooGallery image galleries in seconds. And it includes live previews of the image gallery too!
GDPR Gallery Compatible
When you install FooGallery for the first time, the plugin asks you (the website admin) to opt-in so that we can track your usage of the plugin and provide a better service (send you update emails for new version releases and security updates etc). This is optional and not required in order to use the plugin.
From your website point of view, FooGallery never collects or stores any visitor information at all, when someone visits your website.
PHP 7 Compatible
FooGallery has been tried and tested on servers running up to PHP 7.3
Responsive Photo Gallery is such an amazing, powerful & responsive WordPress gallery plugin, designed with advanced features to present your image galleries in the most beautiful, authentic and sublime way.
Whether you specialize in photography, creative designs, or a journalism, your photos tells a unique story and deserve to be presented in the best way possible.
Responsive Photo Gallery is based on bootstrap framework. You can Add unlimited images on your blog site. Responsive Photo Gallery is provide fade animation, light box image preview and two gallery layout with various fonts. It’s also provide isotope effect to adjust your image size according to screen resolution.
Using [WRG id=123] shortcode, you can publish image or photo gallery into any Page or Post in your WordPress sites. You can use multiple gallery shortcode on multiple pages and posts to display various images galleries.
“Simplest Gallery Plugin” is the simplest way to integrate WordPress’ builtin Photo Galleries into your pages with nice visual effects.
WordPress has got a builtin Gallery functionality which is great and lets you create, organize and place images galleries in your pages and posts with great ease.
If your theme doesn’t render the galleries properly, this little plugin adds a flavor of magic by rendering them with a fancybox jQuery effect at no effort.
Just install, activate and experience the wonder of your WordPress galleries.
3 plugins in one: an Amazing gallery, a Multi-column layout and a “Team members” plugin.
- Easily create galleries with the WordPress media panel
- Use a handy shortcode to place the gallery where you like
- Choose the place of the text: inside or outside the circle
- Customize the text size
- 5 Fontawesome icons
- 1 Lightbox
- 1 mouse hover effect
- Set the number of columns
- Set a different number of columns for tablets and smartphones
- Set the custom width of the circles
- Use many galleries in the same page or post
- Choose the back color of the circles
- Set a fixed or automatic height of the text
- Set default settings for all galleries
Inspired by Google´s image gallery we have created a gallery for WordPress that replaces the standard with one that gives you the ability to open images inside the content without the need to load a new page or use a modal box. This improves user experience and brings dynamism, speed and usability to your site.
- Seamless visualization: You can enlarge you images on the same page the user is navigating.
- Responsive design: Mobile devices and desktop devices are fully supported!
- Customize it to suit your needs: options panel in the WordPress backend makes it easy to fit and integrate with your design!
- Navigation with keyboard arrows
- Images preload using Ajax
- Set visualization height
- Set animation speed
Responsive Gallery is based on bootstrap framework. You can Add unlimited images on your blog site. Responsive Gallery is provide Stroke animation, light box image preview and two gallery layout with various fonts. It’s also provide isotope effect to adjust your image size according to screen resolution.
Using [WRGF id=xx] shortcode, you can publish image or photo gallery into any Page or Post in your WordPress sites. You can use multiple gallery shortcode on multiple pages and posts to display various images galleries.
- Responsive Gallery.
- Multiple Gallery Option (new)
- Multiple Gallery Shortcode (new)
- Simple & Very Easy Admin Gallery Dashboard.
- Stroke Animation Effect.
- Two Design Layout.
- Three Types of Hover Color Scheme.
- Show image label on hover or footer.
- Hover colour opacity effect.
- Integrated with Isotope Effect .
- Light Box Integrated.
- Browser Compatible.
- Add Unlimited Images into Gallery.
- Multilingual Translation Ready.
There are lots of free WordPress Image Gallery plugin available, but this is the best one because we have the most simple, clean and beautiful design. Moreover, this is the most easy-to-config gallery plugin available in the market.
In Simple Image Gallery, you can create multiple image galleries. You can easily add an infinite number of images in each gallery and you can use each gallery in different posts and pages with a very simple shortcode.
Simple Image Gallery has lots of awesome features. For example, if you visit your site from touch-screen devices, you can swipe through your images by swiping your finger over the screen. If you are browsing in your desktop, you can use keyboard navigation for browsing through the images.
Even the icons inside won’t look blurry in retina devices. And above all? More awesome designs are coming in our next version.
For detailed instruction and video tutorial, please visit the plugin page.
For any issues, problem or query, please feel free to contact us.
- Swipe gestures for mobile
- Keyboard Navigation for desktop
- CSS transitions with jQuery fallback
- Retina support for UI icons
- Easy CSS customization
- We provide insane 24 X 7 support worldwide. Try emailing us on Christmas eve or on Saint Patrick’s Day
- Subscribe to Plugin Website and you will get discount on all premium plugins
- Rich Blog with lots of solutions of different WordPress related problems on Plugin Website
There comes a time when you need more flexibility than the standard WP gallery offers, That’s when this plugin steps in. This plugin’s goal is to make it easy to create a gallery and place it wherever you need. A perfect example would be to create a product gallery for an ecommerce website and then have the flexibility to position it where you wanted to match your theme’s design.
This plugin allows you to easily create an image gallery on any post, page or custom post type. Images are can be added and previewed from the metabox. Images can be re-ordered by drag and drop.
- Added the possibility to add two or more different galleries on one page
- Fixed image styles.
- Fixed some of PHP errors & bugs.
- Drag and drop re-ordering
- Add gallery to any post, page or custom post type
- If more than one image is added to the gallery, the images become grouped in the lightbox so you can easily view the next one
- CSS and JS are only loaded on pages where needed
- Images link to larger versions (can be turned off)
- Fully Localized (translation ready) with .mo and .po files
- Add multiple images to the gallery at once
- Uses the thumbnail size specified in Settings -> Media
- Custom webfont icon for hover effect
- Uses the new WP 3.5+ media manager for a familiar and intuitive way to add your images