It is quite common to change the product prices in a WooCommerce store. Maybe you are planning to give an offer or discount to your customers or the manufacturers increased or decreased the price of their products. Changing the product price can be done from the product page itself. But when it comes to changing the price of a larger number of products, it is time-consuming.
Maybe you are planning to apply the special prices to a particular product category or some selected products. In such situations, we can think about the idea of “bulk edit”. There are 2 options to do bulk edit on your WooCommerce products.
- Bulk edit product prices with WooCommerce’s default bulk edit option.
- Bulk edit with the help of a plugin.
First, let us see how we can bulk edit product prices with WooCommerce’s default bulk edit option.
Bulk Edit Product Prices With WooCommerce
We can do the basic bulk edits with the default WooCommerce settings itself unless you need more advanced filters and features for bulk editing products.
Go to your WooCommerce dashboard -> Products -> All Products.
There you can see Bulk Actions.
If you do not want to apply the edits on all products in your WooCommerce store, you can apply some basic filters, such as select categories, select product types, and choose a stock status for refining products to be filtered. You can choose the product type such as simple product (downloadable & virtual products), grouped product, external/ affiliate product, and variable products for applying edits on products that come under that type.
After applying the filters, you can enable the checkboxes of the products on which you want to apply the edit for confirmation, and click on the Apply button. A new window for bulk editing the product properties will appear.
You can choose the product categories or you can apply the edits to the product properties for all products here. You can see Price and Sale properties there.
Using this, you can edit the regular price and sale price of the filtered products in bulk.
- Price: Using this option, you can change the regular price of filtered products by increasing or decreasing a fixed amount or a percentage from the actual regular price of the products.
- Sale: With this option, you can change the sale price of all filtered products by increasing or decreasing a fixed amount or percentage from the existing sale price of the filtered products. In addition to that, you can set regular prices to decrease by a fixed price or a percentage.
This is how you can bulk edit product prices in bulk with WooCommerce. You can also bulk edit the Comments, Status, Product Tags, Weight, Length, Width, Height, Shipping Class, Visibility of the products, products to be featured or not, Stock status, Manage stock, Set a stock quantity, set the Backorder details, set products to be sold individually or not in bulk.
With this WooCommerce default bulk edit option, you can only filter the products based on their categories, type, and stock status. But if you need to exclude some products from the filtered categories or for applying the edit on products which have a certain product tag etc, you cannot depend on this default option. And if your store has subcategories of products, you will find it difficult to apply updates based on that. In such cases, we can seek help from an external entity. Since there are so many bulk edit plugins available to do this task perfectly, without taking too much time, we can choose the best one for our WooCommerce store.
Bulk edit product prices with the help of a plugin
ELEX WooCommerce Advanced Bulk Edit Products, Prices & Attributes is a handy and top-notch premium plugin for bulk editing the products in simple clicks. Its user-friendly interface will help you to do bulk updates on thousands of products seamlessly.
One of the main advantages of ELEX WooCommerce Advanced Bulk Edit Products, Prices & Attributes plugin is, you can use various filter options and additional product properties available compared to the WooCommerce default option. If you could not find the required product properties to be edited on this plugin, you can go to the plugin’s ‘Settings’ tab and include as many product properties as you want. These properties will be available along with other default properties.
You can revert and undo the changes you have done previously, whenever you want during the entire process. If you have filtered the products which are not required or did not filter products really required, you can go back and include or exclude them with the filters. With simple clicks, you can go back to any previous stage.
Let us check how to apply bulk edit product prices with ELEX WooCommerce Advanced Bulk Edit Products, Prices & Attributes plugin.
Download ELEX WooCommerce Advanced Bulk Edit Products, Prices & Attributes plugin, and activate it.
Then go to WooCommerce -> Bulk Edit Products.
A tab ‘Filter’ will be opened first, for filtering the products to be edited.
Step 1: Filter products to be edited
You can sort the products based on their product title, product tags, product type, product categories, and product regular price accordingly. In addition to that, you have an option to exclude certain products that have the chance to be included in the filtered products’ list.
You can filter the products based on:
- Product Title: To filter the products which start, end, or contain a particular text, you can make use of this feature accordingly. Apart from these three options, this plugin provides Regex (Regular Expression) match to filter the required products. Regex is used for input validation purposes. For filtering products, if you have to search for product titles containing numbers, the search pattern should be [0-9].
- Product Tags: You can select a product tag or tags to sort the products having a particular tag or tags in your WooCommerce store.
- Product Type: Choose the product type such as simple, variable (Parent and Variation), or external for applying the edits to products that come under those types.
- Product Categories: Choose the required product categories by enabling the respective checkboxes of the categories in your WooCommerce store. If your products have various subcategories, you can enable the ‘Include Subcategories’. The edit will be applied to all the products in your WooCommerce store if you do not choose any specific product categories.
- Product Regular Price: You can filter your products based on their regular price. If you leave it as ‘All’, the edits will reflect on all the products in your WooCommerce store. There are 4 conditions that can be used for filtering the products. They are,
- >= – Includes products with value, greater than or equal to the entered price.
- <= – Includes products with value, lesser than or equal to the entered price.
- == – Includes products with the value exactly equal to the entered price.
- || Between – Here you can enter the minimum and maximum regular price value to filter the products.
You can enable the ‘Exclusions’ for excluding the required categories or individual products by entering their product ID. Similarly, you can exclude subcategories of a particular category in your store.
After applying filters, you can click on the preview button to check the list of products before applying the bulk edit. You can reset the filters in just one click if required.
Step 2: Preview the filtered products
The preview page displays all the products and their details you have filtered in the previous step. If the product list includes all the products you need to edit as well as does not include any unnecessary products to be edited, you can proceed with the list of products. Otherwise, you can revert to the filter page and change the filter settings accordingly until you get the perfect list of products.
From this list on the preview page, you can search for the products to check if they have included or not. You can find the product image, product title with ID, categories, and the product type, Stock details such as SKU, status and quantity, sale & regular price, and the published date of products on the preview page.
You can check and uncheck the corresponding checkboxes of products to include or exclude products for the next step.
Click the o Continue button if all the products are included, else go back and reset the filters.
Step 3: Bulk Edit Product Prices
After filtering and previewing the products to be edited, you will be redirected to a window to edit the product properties. There you can find the Price section for bulk editing product prices.
Bulk edit regular price of products
You can edit the regular price of all the filtered products by:
- Increase by Percentage (+ %): Increase the regular price by a specific percentage of the existing regular price.
- Decrease by Percentage (- %): Decrease the regular price of the filtered products by a particular percentage.
- Increase by Price (+ $): Increase a fixed amount of price to the existing regular price.
- Decrease by Price (- %): Decrease a fixed amount from the existing regular price.
- A Flat Price for All the products: Set a fixed price by replacing the existing regular price.
In this example, $30 will be set as the regular price of all the filtered products in the previous step.
Bulk edit sale price of products
You can edit the sale price of all the filtered products by:
- Increase by Percentage (+ %): Increase the sale price by a specific percentage of the existing sale price.
- Decrease by Percentage (- %): Decrease the sale price of the filtered products by a particular percentage of the existing sale price.
- Increase by Price (+ $): Increase a fixed amount of price to the existing sale price.
- Decrease by Price (- %): Decrease a fixed amount from the existing sale price.
- Flat Price for All the products: Set a fixed sale flat price by replacing existing sale price.
Here, $5 will be added to the existing sale price of all filtered products in the previous step.
You can also edit Title, SKU, Product Visibility, Featured Product, Shipping Class, Description action, Short Description Action, Product Image, Product Gallery Image Action, Manage Stock, Stock Quantity, Allow Backorders, Stock Status, Dimensions such as Length, Width, Height and Weight, Tax Status & Tax Class, Category Actions and Delete Actions of the filtered products with this plugin.
Step 4: Schedule the bulk edit
You can schedule the execution of bulk update operations in the next step. And also save the job for executing in the future. Revert the changes if required and run the bulk edit immediately or at a scheduled time. You can set the date, time, and frequency such as daily, weekly, or monthly for the bulk update operation, if you are scheduling it for later.
You can click the Finish button. If you want to undo the operation you can do that in a click. Or you can proceed with the bulk update.
You can find all the jobs in the ‘Jobs’ tab. You can do editing or copying the job, reverting back the last update of any task, performing a quick bulk update, delete or cancel the job, or download the log file in just one click from this tab.
If you changed your mind at the last minute, you can click the Undo Last Update option on the ‘Filter’ page.
Bulk editing on thousands of products together is not an easy task. Hence, using a top-notch plugin, you can do the task easily without affecting any other products in your WooCommerce store.