Updated: Mar 02, 2022 By: Dessign Team
Reader Disclosure: When you purchase through referral links on our site, we might earn a commission (at no additional cost to you)
Are you trying to chose between SiteGround and Bluehost to host your WordPress site? When choosing between SiteGround and Bluehost for your website hosting provider, you might have few questions and comparisons who is better choice for you.
When it comes to picking the best WordPress hosting we will compare customer service, pricing, security, uptime, speed and reliability, user friendly, money back guarantee. Once we compare SiteGround vs Bluehost we will find out who is the better choice for you. If you are beginner trying to decide should you use SiteGround or Bluehost we will give you clear winner for the price and overall performance.
Overall if you want the best performance, security and 24/7 support than SiteGround is the clear winner, read more down below to find out in details what makes then different.
SiteGround vs Bluehost: Features Comparison
Both hosting providers offer many features, but SiteGround is the one that offers the most for your money and performance, they have many 1-click install features great for beginners. Many great add ons the make your site faster and more secure, which Bluehost has but will need to pay extra for it.
- Free WP Installation
- Free WP Migrator
- WordPress Autoupdates
- Free SSL
- Operate on Google Cloud to create a powerful and technically superior hosting service.
- Unmatched customer support available 24/7 via chat, phone, tickets. Waiting time is up to 10 minutes if at all.
- Innovative approach to performance and security, such as unique server monitoring system that checks our servers every 0,5 sec., detects ongoing issues and fixes many of them automatically; smart WAF to protect our servers and sites from hacking; AI system that blocks between 500,000 and 2 million brute-force attempts per day and stops malicious traffic; A team of highly experienced system administrators is watching over our platform 24/7, ready to take immediate actions in case any issue is detected.
- Hosting plans come with tons of free and useful features such as backups and restore, free CDN, free SSL, free site migration and so on. (other hosting providers charge for these)
- In-house built user area to ensure better on boarding and UX – so clients build their sites easily which means less cancelled sales for you.
- They own, in-house built and better control panel called Site Tools, which is smarter and easier to use by newbies.
- Smart collaboration tools for developers and agencies. Also, white-label access option (available on GoGeek).
- 98% client satisfaction rate for 4th year in a row.
- 30-day money back guaranteed
- Free Domain
- Free CDN Included
- Free SSL Certificate
- Free Office 365 – 30 days
- Free Domain Privacy
- Free Automated Backup – 1 year
- Automatic WordPress Installation
- Automatic WordPress Updates
- Secure setup of login credentials
- 30-day money back guaranteed
Performance: Uptime & Page Speed
One of the crucial aspect of any website is uptime and speed the load time of your pages, which will be a ranking factor in SEO ranking overall pages and sites. So we tested both SiteGround and Bluehost by setting up website speed test, GTmetrix to check the grades and load time and compared to Google Speed testing tool so see the performance of the sites.
|New York: 1.52 seconds|
London: 1.49 seconds
Montreal: 1.34 seconds
|Miami: 2.25 seconds|
Tokyo: 1.88 seconds
Frankfurt: 1.44 seconds
SiteGround had faster loading time compared to Bluehost, all those are only few seconds but when you decide to add videos or large images then all the seconds matters in overall load time. SiteGround hosting is more for serious clients looking for dedicated and professional option.
As for the uptime SiteGround again had 100% uptime which they guarantee on their hosting, Bluehost had 99% uptime which is still very good, its hard to guarantee 100% uptime but with 99% Bluehost is great options to consider.
Support: SiteGround Best 24/7 Support
SiteGround gives the best and most friendly support, you will not find better and faster support response any where else. The professional staff is super friendly ad knowledgeable about any web issues, and if you have WordPress or WooCommerce site, they are the top experts when it comes to solving any problems.
Bluehost support is great too, with live chat we had some great experience and the issue was fix very fast and friendly, however we still believe that SiteGround support is more knowledgeable than Bluehost when it comes to technical issues with WordPress or database.
As you can see below SiteGround has much better overall support when it comes to domain and WordPress related issues, SiteGround is the top winner when you need reliable support team.
|Domain Related Support||5.0||4.8|
|WordPress Related Support||4.9||4.5|
Pricing: Bluehost has cheaper plans
So when it comes to pricing Bluehost has cheaper pricing plans, on their web hosting plans you will get free domain name and cheaper price. As you will notice the pricing is promotional to get the customers in, once the yearly billing cycle is over you will pay full price.
Both SiteGround and Bluehost have great promotional prices, Bluehost is much less than SiteGround but in long run some of the options that SiteGround are included in package, Bluehost you will have to pay as add ons.
Bluehost promo prices and regular price and plans:
- BASIC – $2.95/mo promotion ($8.99 regular)
- PLUS – $5.45/mo promotion ($11.99 regular)
- CHOICE PLUS – $5.45/mo promotion ($16.99 regular)
Bluehost plans comes with free domain name, where SiteGround plan don't include free domain.
SiteGround promo prices and regular price and plans:
- StartUp – $3.99/mo promotion ($14.99 regular)
- GrowBig – $9.99/mo promotion ($24.99 regular)
- GoGeek – $14.99/mo promotion ($39.99 regular)
As you can see SiteGround offers more expensive prices for the fully managed WordPress hosting compared to Bluehost who is very cheap even for the renewal price. However, SiteGround hosting is more WordPress focus and it has many more WordPress related features and most important its fully managed WordPress hosting and not regular shared hosting.
If you are on budget and need to save money than Bluehost will be better option for you, if you looking for more professional hosting solution with experts support and reliable hardware and performance than SiteGround will pay it off in long run.
SiteGround vs Bluehost: Which one should you choose for your website?
As you can see there is no clear winner here both hosting providers offer great prices and performance. But when it comes to 100% uptime, 24/7 amazing support and great performance SiteGround is the clear winner.
- SiteGround: 4.9 out of 5.0
- Bluehost: 4.5 out of 5.0
When should you use SiteGround?
When it comes to fully managed WordPress hosting SiteGround will outperform Bluehost with security, performance and WordPress friendly features.
If you are looking for the best user friendly, fully managed WordPress hosting that is recommended by WordPress.org as the most reliable hosting for WordPress users looking to open personal blog or website, so as for our decision pick SiteGround for your new site.
SiteGround is the best choice if you looking for super-fast sites, with 100% uptime and amazing customer support 24/7. If you are just a beginner looking for a reliable and trustworthy hosting company then this is the perfect hosting solution for you. We try SiteGround for few years and are very happy with their speed, performance, load time and amazing 24/7 support by professional experts.
When should you use Bluehost?
If you just a beginner looking for affordable hosting provider for your new site or blog using Bluehost will be the better choice for you. Bluehost comes with free domain name, free CDN and Free SSL certificate, the back end admin dashboard is very user friendly with easy 1-click WordPress install.
So if you are new to the website world and not very technical just looking to start your journey online at good price and great support we recommend Bluehost for you.
SiteGround overall is better than Bluehost for hosting WordPress sites, SiteGround has fully managed WordPress hosting with amazing 24/7 support and its highly recommended by WordPress.org as best WordPress hosting.
Both SiteGround and Bluehost are top secure hosting providers. Bluehost has best Security powered by Cloudflare, Sitelock and two-factor authentication and Let's Encrypt free SSL security.